Tuesday, July 18, 2006

All of me

The Aged Gabbler has been Informed by a Wise Infant that he (the Gabbler) is, in fact, a Multitude. Or at least that there is More than One of Him. Since said Aged Person was not Fully Aware of This State of Being, much Confusion has been Caused.

One has not so far been Familiar with the Schizoid State. One has Read, however, that in such Cases the Left Hand Knoweth Not what the Right Hand Doth. This might Explain the Dodderer’s Lack of Awareness of this Other Self. (It might also Lead to Complications during the Daily Ablutions, but one shall not Dwell on That Here.) The Lack of Awareness may also be due to Simple Senile Dementia. This Angle is now Being Explored by Those Better Qualified to Comment.

The Oldest Member is also Gratified. First, that Clever Children think him capable of Imagination and Dissimulation. Further, that he can be associated with a Persona that is Energetic. Innovative, even. Of course, such Energy and Innovation are Admirable in an apparently Younger Persona; if these qualities were evident in the Senile Haverer, he would be dubbed a Randy Old Goat. Regardless of this Minor Difference, the Oldest Member is Quite Chuffed.

Furthermore, the Wise Infant and Her Correspondents claim to have Linked the Second Persona on the basis of his Writing Style, which is reportedly Very Similar to the Aged Person’s, only Much More Colourful. Your Correspondent is Positively Elated at the Thought that he may have, nay, HAS, a Distinct Style. This is Praise Indeed.

Having Considered the Matter in its Entirety, therefore, the Oldest Member has Decided not to Dispute the Findings. In sum, to Sit Tight. He is Keenly Aware that the Second Persona may have the Strongest Objections to Being Linked with a Senile Old Coot. Should such Objections be Stated and Vociferously So, the Old Gaffer’s defence (mumbled through a Toothless Gummy Grin) will be that, in More Ways than One, It Wasn’t Me!


**** ****


24 comments:

neha vish said...

:)

For young coots must learn to smile benign.

Anonymous said...

What you must understand is that no one other than you calls the apparently younger Other Persona Energetic or Innovative. Most other people that I have spoken with on the matter describe him as 'J.A.P. giving khisti.'

Tabula Rasa said...

no idea what this was about but it was fun to read and gratifying that you've taken to the moniker :-D

Prerona said...

huh???

The Marauder's Map said...

What this MEAN?

Anonymous said...

Ha! Knew it all along (oh alright not all along...but knew, nevertheless)!

And 'Ha!' again!

M (tread softly upon) said...

who is this second persona i wonder!

km said...

Throw us a bone, JAP and tell us who this second person is.

And what does Wise Infant's "JAP giving khisti" mean?

Rimi said...

I knew! I knew! (does quick victory dance around computer)

I think I aslo know who WI is. At least, I can make a fair guess. Paradoxically, or perhaps oximoronically speaking, of course. (and now the J will feig much condescending confusion. Bur we shall not be fooled!)

Anonymous said...

Uhhh..Rim, I thought Wise Infant was you.

Curiouser and curiouser, this gets!

:S

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Neha, Old Coot must learn to decrypt your comment.

Wise Infant, Tom P, Rimi - you will feel so silly when the man in question reveals himself (as I hope he will. I think I know him)

T Rasa, Marauder, Prerona, KM, M(tsu), Hutum - I'm sorry, if I told you I'd have to kill you.

J.A.P.

Anonymous said...

...I think I know him.

JAP, sweetie, we know you know him.

And as for feeling silly, we doubt very much that we will have reason to do so.

The Aunt said...

Whose writing do we get to read here, Mr Energetic Innovative or The Old Coot?

Not that I'm fussed either way. I like what I get.

Rimi said...

Tom P, no. Not me this time. But this line is priceless:
JAP, sweetie, we know you know him.


But if we have to look at alternatives, I'd look at you ! (Wot eef eet iz a voomaan?)

Anonymous said...

Rim, I'm baffled.

By this - But if we have to look at alternatives, I'd look at you ! (Wot eef eet iz a voomaan?) - do you mean that The Man in Question, might, in fact, be a woman (eh? how??)?

Or that *I* might be a 'voomaan'??

I am wise occasionally, but an 'infant', I have not been for a very, very long time!

ichatteralot said...

d-uh am I stoooopid or is this post super abstract and meant to be undertood by selected intelligensia???

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Aunty Marianne, I have no pretensions to Youth. The Mysterious Other is your man for E & I.

Ichatter, naaah, just reference to context.

Tom P, Rimi, why don't you just swap e-mail addresses and be done with it?
And while you're at it, figure out the Kobi Thakur mystery as well. (I suspect the Putu at least in part for that)

J.A.P.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Sadold... what are you smoking?

Cyberswami said...

i don't suppose i know anybody. oh well.

eM said...

I know who! I guessed when Second Person posted comment somewhere or the other with YOUR initials!

Just call me Nancy Drew, she said smugly. :)

Anonymous said...

-smile-

Poorna Banerjee said...

"old coot ..."

Balderdash!!

thalassa_mikra said...

Is everyone in on the mystery so we can start dropping names? I don't know JAP da, I wouldn't think of it as "JAP giving khisti". In fact, I'd think of him as more Hunter Thompson-esque, so the JAP is entirely misplaced (Hopefully we are speaking of the same person).

bongbox said...

Since JAP doesn't seem to be forthcoming, and also since I have no desire to be dead, maybe the wise infant or tom or rimi or whoever else is in the know, might care to nudge the rest of us in the right direction, or in this case, the right url?