Sunday, May 10, 2009

Epiphany

Shorts, tee and towel. Sweat from every pore (do NOT ask). My stomach roils, my head hurts. And I've realised Terry Pratchett's contribution to natural science and taxonomy.

I am a Troll.

Look it up. Terry says trolls' brains don't work too well at high or even normal temperatures. But send them to Alaska in mid-winter (or the Rimtops, as the case may be) and they start to sparkle and fizz. Is it a coincidence that I've been reading Colin Thubron's In Siberia?

And a pox on the friendly souls who make wisecracks about not being able to tell the difference.

3 comments:

Churu Churu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Churu Churu said...

fabulous! come to freezing boston come to freezing boston! :D

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

El Condor Pasa.
Or, yes I would, if I could. Though the Chilean Andes might be a better choice. (Chilling in Chile?)

J.A.P.