Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday blues on Tuesday afternoon


The Times of India reports (Sunday 26th August) that the Marwari Sabha felicitated Arvind Singh Mewar, the ancestor of Maharana Pratap. Longevity!

A search for Victoria Falls on Google Earth produces Victoria Falls, Georgia, USA. You thought the Middle Kingdom was a fantastic conceit?

And listening to the Moody Blues’ When the tide comes in while driving to office, on a cloudy morning with the breeze feathering the waters, is NOT a good idea. Puts paid to work. (Especially when I view this video and reminisce on a walk along that same route some years ago. Lousy version, though.)

****

12 comments:

Anansi said...

lousy video, but thanks for the song hadn't heard it before!

km said...

Hey, hey, you don't expect that sh***y rag to both write good English AND do credible journalism, do you?

eve's lungs said...

I noticed that too. What more do you expect from TOI? the sky's too much JAP. I look out of my 4th story office window and see wide swathe of vivid blue peppered with multicoloured rhombuses ( rhombi??) and I'm lost .

Opaline said...

nights in white satinnnn
never reaching the ennddd
letters ive writennnn
never meaning to senddd

Mike said...

Hello,

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for
www.BlogInterviewer.com . We'd like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online at http://bloginterviewer.com/submit-an-interview

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

iz said...

I really like your other blog. Really really. Dunno why everyone endorses this one when the otherwise is pretty fantastic. Not tha I don't like this one....

progga said...

This is when you need to ask, "boli ki, boyesh ta barti, na komti?"
Did I tell you that I once woke up to TOI (Bangalore) headlines that proclaimed, "Marital Law Declared in East Timor"?

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Anansi, should we move on to 70s rock now?

KM, I don't expect EITHER, actually

Lungs, I was in Delhi. And grey.

Opaline, you're blowing your cover.

Mike, I'll pass.

Iz, I shall immediately post and post on that blog! (Like, in the next year or so) Many thanks.

Progga, the ToI is such easy meat.

J.A.P.

Phantasmagoria said...

You OWE us a post. 'op to it!

Tabula Rasa said...

phanty:
and don't you think it could do with a little work on the scansion and flow?

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Ph, show me the IOU.

Prof, such subtile sarcasm.

J.A.P.

Tabula Rasa said...

a blot on the e-scansion, so to speak.